Mimi turned 2!
And if there was ever any doubt that we were uber involved dog parents it was quickly expelled when we sent out invitations for her birthday party to other dog moms and dads! The party was a roaring success. We sent everyone home with goodie bags of treats and tennis balls and Mimi, was for once, completely exhausted when she got home.
So, how do you plan the perfect puppies two year birthday party?
You start with treats
A lot of treats. Treats your husband stays up till 3am perfecting because you've fallen asleep.
And since our furbaby is highly allergic to grain, we did a lot of research to find treats we could make that weren't just peanut butter cupcakes (which she had for her 1st birthday).
Oodles of you wanted to know what was in the goodie bags when I posted them to Mimi's Instagram so I finally sat my butt down and compiled the recipes for you (I've included one in this post. More to come?).
1 cup Buckwheat Flour
1 cup shredded Carrots
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a medium/large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition. (Buckwheat flour is unlike any other flour I've ever worked with and was the main cause for a lot of confusion during baking. I recommend reading up on it before diving into baking.)
3. Once dough is well mixed roll dough into 1/4 inch balls and place them about an inch apart (they pretty much stay exactly the shape and size you place them) onto the prepared baking sheet.
4. Press down on the tops to flatten. I used a fork to create a nice looking pattern.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
I'll post another one of the recipes next week. In the mean time, try making Mimi's Rabbit Food grain free dog treats. They're beach party approved and healthy for your pups tummy.