T-Minus 44 days until our honeymoon (I just internally screamed because typing that somehow makes it seem way sooner than I had previously thought it was). We got married November 2nd, 2016 at City Hall in downtown Chicago, right before the Cubs won the World Series (total coincidence, it was just the only day I could get off from work). I did my own hair and makeup, we rode the bus. It was just the two of us and it was perfect. We didn't go all out for our wedding but we did go all out for our honeymoon.
So if you're Bachelor fans like us you'll remember Ben's season (Zzzz..) and the beautiful resorts they stayed in for the final three. We fell in love with JoJo's overnight suite and before we were even planning our wedding knew that we'd found where we were going to honeymoon.
So in forty four days (three hundred and ten days after getting married) we fly out for our eight day long celebration of love (this also means we will be leaving Mimi for the first time ever...but lets not talk about it). We will be living it up in the JoJo suite (it's actually called the Romeo and Juliet suite for those that are interested) at Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. It promises 16 All Inclusive Restaurants and 11 Bars for it's guests, a Speakeasy that looks like the Hobbit-hole and four pools to relax by when we need a break from snorkeling and dipping our toes in the sand.
Believe me, I'll have a whole post written up letting you know how it goes.
But for now? Take a look at my Ultimate Tropical Honeymoon Prep Guide
- Passports (hubbies was expired so we had to renew. Takes a few weeks so get on top of it early to avoid paying rush fees! Pro Tip: Make a photocopy to bring with you. Just in case.)
- Airline tickets (I always print mine in case my phone dies out on my for whatever reason.)
- 1 Credit Card (call ahead when you're going out of the country so they don't block your purchases)
- Hotel Confirmation (printed out)
this is your "just in case the airport loses my luggage/keep your honeymoon from being destroyed" suitcase.
- Camera/Phones/Chargers (if you didn't take a picture of it, did it even really happen?)
- 1 Bathing Suit
I still can't decide between these two that I just picked up from Macy's.
- 1 Piece of Formal(ish) wear (for dinner/nightlife)
Picked up this beauty from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (I'm in love).
- 1 Romper
- 1 Maxi
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 please and thank you)
- Sunglasses/RX Glasses/Contacts (cause it would be nice to see)
- Flip Flops (I'll be wearing wedges on the plane)
- Emergency Hygiene Bag (for your toothbrushes/toothpaste/bare minimum makeup)
**husband also has one of each in the same carry on.
The Main Suitcase
- One book (that you fully intend to read...but then piña coladas happen)
- A deck of cards (one you don't mind losing/ruining)
- Sneakers (for any activities you add on to your trip)
- Tote bag (for the beach/pool--pro tip: choose one with a separate zipper compartment for you room key, towel cards so they aren't just flopping around at the bottom of the bag)
- 2-3 more Swimsuits
- Cardigan (just in case)
- 2 more Nice Dresses (for dinner)
- 2 universal/adjustable bras
- 3 Casual T's
- 1 Pair of jean shorts
- 1 pair of khaki shorts
- Insect repellant (mosquitos love me and I hate itching)
- More sunscreen
- Aloe (because we'll probably fall asleep by the pool and wont get the chance to re-apply in time)
- All of the medication (any of your prescription medication--just make sure your name is on the bottle still, antacid, Tylenol, Motrin, diarrhea and motion sickness medication, etc)
- Razors (my number one forgotten item!)
- Makeup & Makeup remover
- Moisturizer (especially if your skin hasn't seen sun in a while)
- Hair spray/gel
- Shampoo/Conditioner (while I love hotel body wash, my hair hates hotel shampoo because it's normally a two in one)
- Gym stuff (if you're one of those people...I wish I was one of those people...my husband is one of those people...help)
**again, husband has his equivalent in the suitcase
Now I know I'm forgetting something...
What do you think, cupcakes? I still have a month to add to the list. What am I missing?